Students, faculty, alumni, social movement leaders, and community members are kicking off Harvard Heat Week with a special event on Sunday, April 12th. Together, we’re calling on the school to divest its holdings in fossil fuel companies as a step towards addressing the climate crisis.
Please note: RSVPing to Harvard Heat Week does not guarantee you a spot at the Sunday kick-off event, which has it’s own ticketing page. We’re asking for a suggested donation of $5-$20 per person. There are also FREE tickets available for students to claim. Seating is limited! Reserve your spot now.
Check out the incredible lineup of speakers (more to be announced soon!):
- Bill McKibben (Harvard alumnus, author, activist, and co-founder of 350.org)
- Reverend Lennox Yearwood (founder, Hip-Hop Caucus)
- Jibreel Khazan (original participant in the 1960 Greensboro Woolworth’s Civil Rights lunch counter sit-ins)
- Talia Rothstein (Harvard student, organizer with Divest Harvard)
- Darren Aronofsky (Harvard alumnus, award-winning film director)
- Bob Massie (Harvard alumnus, Founder, Investor Network on Climate Risk)
- Ferrial Adam (former anti-apartheid activist from South Africa)
- Tim Wirth (Harvard alumnus, former Senator from Colorado, Board Member of the UN Foundation)
- Kelsey Wirth (Harvard alumna, Director and Co-founder of Mothers Out Front)
- Ted Hamilton (Harvard student, organizer with Divest Harvard)
- Todd Gitlin (Harvard alumnus, Professor & Chair, Ph.D. Program in Communications, Columbia University)
- Koreti Tiumalu (community organizer from the Pacific Islands)
- Music from Melodeego (Boston-based, bicycle-powered songs for change)
The rest of Harvard Heat Week will be awesome too, and we hope you can make it to as much of the action as you can! The week’s events range from sit-ins to rallies — click here to see the full schedule for Harvard Heat Week.