Artists welcome to apply!
Rhode Island NSF EPSCoR is now accepting applications for the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program which will run May 26 – July 31, 2015. SURF is open to undergraduates matriculating at all RI NSF EPSCoR partner institutions interested in an intensive, hands-on research experience investigating questions that address the RI NSF EPSCoR focus of the impacts of climate variability on marine life.
SURF 2015 details
- up to forty (40) fellowships will be awarded to qualified undergraduates
- fellows will receive a $4,500 stipend for the 10-week program plus $500 for research supplies
- the program will begin on Tuesday, May 26th with a mandatory orientation at Roger Williams University
- the program will conclude on Friday, July 31st with the annual SURF Conference where fellows will present their work to the larger Rhode Island scientific community
- the SURF program will also include a variety of field trips, seminars, workshops, and networking events